The Oxford Spokesman

Filed under Entertainment

Chaos in Kanye’s World

On November 21st, Kanye West was hospitalized in a mental facility for mental exhaustion and sleep deprivation. A 911 Call was made from the house of West’s personal trainer, Harley Pasternak with the reason of a “psychiatric emergency.” The rapper’s wife, Kim Kardashian, rushed to the facility after his hospitalization. West was admitted to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, the same facility that housed Britney Spears after her head-shaving mental breakdown and where Michael Jackson lost his life.

The past two months have been very hectic for Kanye West starting with the robbery of his wife Kim Kardashian. On October 3rd, the Kim Kardashian was robbed at gun-point in an apartment in Paris by two men disguised as police officers. It was reported that a $4.5 million ring and other jewelry worth over $5 million went missing. When the news of the robbery reached Kanye West in New York City, he immediately cancelled his concert mid-show. West did not return to his Saint Pablo Tour until October 7th, rescheduling the dates that he missed due to the robbery of his wife.

Kanye West continued to perform on his tour amidst Kim Kardashian isolation herself from the public after her robbery. During his show in San Jose, California on November 17th, West expressed his support for Donald Trump, receiving boos from his fans during the show and a huge amount of backlash online. Two days later at his show in Sacramento, California on November 19th, West voiced his opinion on Beyoncé saying that she rigged the MTV Video Music Awards because she would not perform at the show if she did not win the award for Video of the Year. West articulated his disapproval of this by saying “we be playing the politics too much and forget who we are just to win.” These statements also caused him to receive a great amount of backlash, especially from Beyoncé fans.

On November 21st, news had risen that Kanye West was canceling the rest of his Saint Pablo Tour because of stress and exhaustion. Soon after, he was admitted into a mental hospital. Some sources say that Kanye voluntarily went to the hospital, but others say that he was handcuffed and restrained before being taken to the the medical center by paramedics. During an interview with the “CBS This Morning,” friend and fellow musician John Legend shared his concern by stating that he was worried about Kanye when he spent time with Kanye and Kim before Kanye’s hospitalization. There is a lot of speculation on whether West’s hospitalization was caused by more than just stress and sleep deprivation. West’s mother passed away nine years ago during the month of November and it was also reported that West had been having nightmares following his wife’s robbery at gunpoint.

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West bring kids North and Saint West to Serendipity restaurant in New York City Pictured: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, North and Saint West Ref: SPL1341632 290816 Picture by: srpp/ Splash News Splash News and Pictures Los Angeles: 310-821-2666 New York: 212-619-2666 London: 870-934-2666 photodesk@splashnews.com

Kanye West was released from the hospital on November 30th and is reported to be back at home. There is still a low chance of West returning to the stage and finishing his tour, but West’s mother-in-law Kris Jenner said in response to West’s release, “Everyone is doing okay, just praying.”