Official Nikon Z9, the “most advanced” mirrorless camera ever costs 6. 000 EUR
28 October 2021 7
Nikon officially presents Z9 , full frame mirrorless camera that Nikon Europe Product Manager Dirk Jasper calls “ l a most advanced ever made “. It had been announced last March, but on that occasion the technical details that now allow us to appreciate even more its value and photographic abilities were not provided. With the Z9 Nikon also announced the NIKKOR Z super telephoto zoom lens 100 – 400 mm f / 4.5-5.6 VR S and the FTZ II mount adapter.
The mirrorless was designed for the nature, sports and photo-sports photography : it is equipped with an unpublished Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor from 34, 7MP and can rely on the processor EXPEED 7 ultra-fast and del AF system “ Nikon’s most sophisticated ” to 493 points with 405 auto AF area points, “ five times higher than those of the Z 7II “(announced last year together with Z 6II). 3D tracking makes its debut on Nikon’s mirrorless range: with the help of artificial intelligence it allows to understand what is photographed, adapting accordingly.
The camera is the 20% smaller than D6, it is made of magnesium alloy and has a conductive coating that creates a magnetic field that moves dirt particles away from the sensor. Offers a 4-axis vertical and horizontal tilting monitor and is designed to withstand all weather conditions and to facilitate the photographer’s work, with an optimization of the position of the keys. Plus, the LCD control panels (top and back) and main buttons light up when you slide the power switch for use even in the dark. The electronic viewfinder has a brightness of 3. nit, while the display reproduces the movements in real time without delay.
Videos can be shot at full frame in 8K UHD, 4K UHD and 4K at 120 p . Soon a firmware update will also introduce the possibility of recording in RAW 8K at 60 p . Nikon Z 9 is also super fast: it captures over 1. full resolution RAM frames at 20 fps. “ The world’s fastest scan rate virtually eliminates rolling shutter distortion, so much so that the mechanical shutter could be removed “.
TECHNICAL FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- mirrorless camera from 45, 7MP (effective)
- Nikon Z-Mount lens mount
- image sensor FX, COMS, 35, 9x 23, 9mm
- EXPEED 7 processor
- storage medium CFexpress, XQD (2 slots)
- electronic viewfinder 1, 27 cm OLED, cover 100% vertical and horizontal, magnification 0.8x
- pose: 1 / 32. 000 – 30 s, B, T
- frame rate up to 120 fps
- ISO 45 – 25600
- Hybrid contrast-detect / phase-detect AF with AF illuminator
- 493 AF points
- video recording up to 8K UHD
- Apple ProRes video compression 422 HQ (10 bit), H. 265 / HEVC (8 bit / bit), H. 264 / AVC (8 bit)
- 8cm TFT LCD monitor, vertically and horizontally tiltable, frame coverage approx. 100%
- USB- C, HDMI Type A, 3.5mm stereo mini-pin jack, WiFi 802. 11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Glonass, QZSS
- EN-EL Li-ion battery 18 d (other compatible)
- dimensions and weight: 149 x 149, 5x 90, 5mm by 1, 34 kg (1, 16 kg body only)
Nikon has not yet communicated the price of Z 9 for Italy, we can still rely on the information that they are provided to us by the French and German divisions: 5. 999 euro body only with pre-orders already active and shipping from December.