The global OTC drugs market size is estimated to be USD 164.65 billion in 2021 and reach USD 269.36 billion in 2027, registering a CAGR of 8.55% during the forecast period, 2021-2027. Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs are defined as the class of medicines that can be acquired directly by a consumer devoid of a prescription from a healthcare professional. OTC drugs are often known as non-prescription medicines. These drugs are safe and effective choices if they are administered in accordance with the directions delivered by healthcare professionals. Over-the-counter drugs are essentially used to treat conditions that do not require direct medical consultation. The OTC drugs market is booming with the allowance of earlier high-priced drugs, leading to a significant shift to the OTC category.
Factors Affecting the OTC Drugs Industry over the Forecast Period
The increasing adoption rate of over-the-counter drugs for treating minor diseases and increased R&D expenditure, coupled with the growing government funding in OTC drug development, will raise the demand for OTC drugs, offering growth to the global market.
Get Full PDF Sample Copy of Report: https://www.marketstatsville.com/request-sample/otc-drugs-market
Factors such as the easy availability & affordability of OTC drugs in pharmacies, growing demand for personalized medicines among consumers, and diverse product portfolio for healthcare business are further anticipated to drive the global growth of the OTC drugs market.
Technological advancements regarding OTC drugs applications in developing countries also boost up the growth of the OTC drugs market in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector across the globe significantly.
However, drug abuse, drug addiction, lack of knowledge among people on drugs, and strict government regulations on approval of drugs may restrain the growth of OTC drugs in the global market over the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on OTC Drugs Market
COVID-19 is a global public health disease that has impacted almost every industry. The outbreak of COVID-19 increased the demand for the OTC drugs market across several sectors, primarily the health and pharmaceutical sector, as there is no certain vaccination and the majority of people are getting treatment at home. Additionally, COVID-19 has often considerably influenced the sales of OTC drugs, which increased the focus on personal health during the pandemic. Furthermore, with the spread of the COVID-19 crisis worldwide, the need for OTC drugs is often growing significantly, as it helps in the treatment of novel coronavirus in individuals with high clinical suspicion. Therefore, with the outbreak of the COVID-19, the market will grow for OTC drugs across the globe, which has positively impacted the OTC drugs market value in 2020 and subsequent years.
Scope of the Report
The report outlines the OTC drugs market study based on product type, formulation type, and distribution channels.
Based on the product type, the OTC drugs market has been segmented into –
- Dermatology Products
- Cough, Cold & Flu Products
- Vitamins & Minerals
Based on the formulation type, the OTC drugs market has been segmented into –
Based on the distribution channels, the OTC drugs market has been segmented into –
- Convenience Stores
Make an Enquire before Purchase @: https://www.marketstatsville.com/buy-now/otc-drugs-market
OTC Drugs Market: Regional Outlook
Based on the region, the global OTC drugs market has been segmented into five geographical regions, namely, North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East, and Africa. In 2020, North America held the largest share in market capture in the OTC drugs market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific, due to an increase in government investment and healthcare industries, along with the presence of a large number of market vendors in the region. Moreover, Asia Pacific is expected to project the highest CAGR globally over the forecast period owing to the high adoption and easy affordability of over-the-counter drugs, coupled with booming healthcare infrastructure in the region.
Key Global OTC Drugs Market Competitors Includes –
The OTC drugs market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of small players across the globe. The vital OTC drugs manufacturers operating in the global market are –
- Bayer AG
- Novartis International AG
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Johnson & Johnson
- AstraZeneca plc
- Sanofi S.A.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
The OTC drugs market report provides a thorough analysis of macro-economic factors and every segment’s market attractiveness. The report will include an in-depth qualitative and quantitative assessment of the segmental/regional outlook with the market players’ presence in the respective segment and region/country. The information concluded in the report includes the inputs.
Request for Complete TOC and Figures & Graphs @ https://www.marketstatsville.com/table-of-content/otc-drugs-market
OTC Drugs Market Report Covers Comprehensive Analysis On:
- Market Segmentation & Regional Analysis
- Market Size of 10 years
- Pricing Analysis
- Supply & Demand Analysis
- Product Life Cycle Analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces & Value Chain Analysis
- Developed & Emerging Economies Analysis
- PEST Analysis
- Market and Forecast Factor Analysis
- Market Opportunities, Risks, & Trends
- Conclusion & Recommendation
- Regulatory Landscape
- Patent Analysis
- Competition Landscape
- 15+ Company Profiles
OTC Drugs Market Regional Analysis Includes
- North America (US, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Poland, Russia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, the Philippines, Singapore, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- The Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, Northern Africa, Rest of MEA)
OTC Drugs Market: Target Audience
- OTC drugs manufacturers
- OTC drugs distributors and suppliers
- Hospitals and diagnostic laboratories
- Drug discovery and development research centers
- Investors and trade experts
- Healthcare manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers
- Trade publications and magazines
- Government authorities, associations, and organizations
Request For Report Description @ https://www.marketstatsville.com/otc-drugs-market
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the market size by various segmentation of the OTC drugs by region and its respective countries?
- What are the customer buying behavior, key takeaways, and Porter’s 5 forces of the OTC drugs market?
- What are the key opportunities and trends for manufacturers involved in the OTC drugs supply chain?
- What are the fundamental dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges) of the market?
- What and how regulations, schemes, patents, and policies are impacting the growth of the market?
- What are the upcoming technological solutions influencing market trends? How will existing companies adapt to the new change in technology?
- What will be the impact of cutting-edge technology on the OTC drugs market?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the demand and sales of OTC drugs in the global market? Also, the expected BPS drop or rise count of the market and market expected recovery period
- Detailed analysis of the competitors and their latest launch, and what are the prominent startups introduced in the target market? Also, detailed company profiling of 25+ leading and prominent companies in the market
Market Statsville Group (MSG) partners with companies and society to confront their essential risks and challenges to capture the enormous opportunities for them. MSG initiated its work in 2017, and since then, the brand is moving to become a pioneer in business advisory and market research services.
We the leading market research and strategy builder with the depth and breadth of solutions that perfectly suit your every need. MSG provides solutions in a wide range of industry verticals in market sizing, analysis, and incisive business insights. MSG experienced research analysts are proficient at digging deep and providing various customizable data that help you make decisions with clarity, confidence, and impact.
Market Statsville Group
416, East standsberry street,
Perkins, Oklahoma 74059, US
USA: +1-580-205-2707 | India: +91-702-496-8807
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter